- This Act protects an individual's privacy by setting out rules for collection, use or disclosure of personal information by public bodies. It also provides a method of requesting access to information which is not available by other means.
- This regulation provides details on how the FOIP Act will be implemented.
- Section 94(3) of the FOIP Act allows the Minister responsible for the Act, to designate an agency, board, commission, corporation, office or other body as a public body by regulation.
Recent and Unproclaimed Amendments
- Sets out the latest changes to the FOIP Act and Regulation, and what changes to expect in the future.
- Lists recent amendments, amendments not yet in force, and proposed (tabled) amendments.
Concordance and Legislative History of the FOIP Act
- Tracks changes to the FOIP Act since it received Royal Assent.
- Allows users to find out whether provisions interpreted in Commissioner's Orders have been renumbered or amended since an Order was issued.
FOIP Act: Words and Phrases Defined or Considered
- Definitions of words and phrases used in the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and Regulation. All definitions in the Act and Regulation, as amended up to September 30, 2006, are included.
Legislation Paramount Over the FOIP Act
- Lists those Acts and Regulations which have provisions that prevail despite the FOIP Act.
FOIP Act Review
- Provides information about legislative reviews of the FOIP Act.
- Includes historical information relating to the development of the FOIP Act, such as the consultation papers and reports of Select Special Committees, and documents created in preparation for the enactment of the Revised Statutes of Alberta 2000.
- For documents relating to reviews of the FOIP legislation, see the FOIP Act Review page.
Resources Available from Alberta Queen's Printer
- The Annotated FOIP Act provides expert commentary on the FOIP Act and Regulation.
- Consolidated version of the FOIP Act and Regulation. Alberta's Queen's Printer is the official source for copies of Alberta's legislation, including the FOIP Act and the FOIP Regulation.
- Order form (PDF)