Administrative penalties are a monetary sanction assessed by the Director of Fair Trading.
An administrative penalty can be issued if the Director of Fair Trading finds that a person:
- has breached a provision of this Act or the regulations
- has failed to comply with a term or condition of a licence issued under this Act or the regulations
The Director may, by notice in writing given to the person, require the person to pay to the Crown an administrative penalty in the amount set out in the notice.
How much is it?
In setting the amount of the administrative penalty, the Director may consider a number of factors, including:
- the seriousness of the contravention or failure to comply
- the degree of wilfulness or negligence
- the impact on any person affected by the contravention or failure to comply
- if there is a history of non-compliance by the person
- whether or not there were any mitigating factors relating to the contravention or failure to comply
- whether or not the offender has derived any economic benefit from the contravention or failure to comply
Note: To download a PDF document, right-click and select 'save as' and save to your computer.
Collection and debt repayment
C.G.I. Credit Guard Inc. (PDF)
Sarah Gasper (PDF)
Overseas Career and Consulting Services Ltd. (PDF) March 1, 2016
Constantin Mutombo (PDF)
Energy marketing and residential heat sub-metering
Hoo Te Wong (PDF)
Michael Ruddy (PDF)
Angel's Memorials Inc. (PDF)
Tanya Ketchum (PDF)
A Fireplace Company Inc. (PDF)
ARO Plumbing & Heating (PDF)
Bosko Exteriors Ltd. (PDF)
Closets by Design (PDF)
Gateway Maintenance Inc. (PDF)
Savvy Renos (PDF)
Skywest Renovations (PDF)
URHome URWay.ca Corp. (PDF)
Waltz Construction Ltd. (PDF)
Harry Lenz Auction Ltd. (PDF)
Rick's Auction Galleries (PDF)
Carl McKittrick (PDF)
Jason John Pender (PDF)
Problems opening PDF forms?
If your web browser does not open the PDF form, download the form then open the saved PDF using Adobe Reader. To do this:
- Right-click on the form link and select "Save Target As"
- Save the file to a known location on your system
- Open the file with Adobe Reader
NOTE: In some cases you may need to click on the "Enable All Features" button in Adobe Reader
Chrome, Firefox and Safari browsers may need to be configured to work with PDFs.
To open the PDF forms, you’ll need to use the current version of Adobe Reader.
Contact this service
(toll free in Alberta)
(north of Red Deer)
(Red Deer and south)
8:15 am - 4:30 pm (Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)