Forms, Legislation and Links - Drivers and Motor Vehicles
- Motor Vehicle Forms
- Access to Motor Vehicle Information Forms
- Governing Legislation
- Links to Other Related Websites
Please note: Some PDF forms may not be compatible with all internet browsers. Please visit the “using this site” link for more detailed information.
Motor Vehicle Forms
- Bill of Sale (pdf)
- Bill of Sale (For Mobile Devices) (pdf)
- Parking Placards for Persons with Disabilities Application (pdf)
- Registration Cancellation or Licence Plate / Cab Card Declaration (pdf)
- Consent for a Minor (pdf)
- Medical Examination for Motor Vehicle Operators (Alberta Transportation Website)
- Special Medical Examination for Motor Vehicle Operators (pdf)
- Authorization for Vehicle Registration (pdf)
- Visual Referral Report (pdf)
Access to Motor Vehicle Information Forms (AMVIR)
- Driver Abstract Statement of Intent (pdf) NEW (March 21, 2012)
- Driver Abstract Consent (pdf) NEW (March 21, 2012)
- Third Party Recipient Declaration (pdf)
- Request for Personal Driving and Motor Vehicle Information (pdf, use when doing an in-person request) NEW (March 21, 2012)
- Notarized Request for Personal Driving and Motor Vehicle Information (pdf, use for a request when you are out of the province) NEW (March 21, 2012)
- Information Sheet for Access to Motor Vehicle Data (pdf)
- Access to Motor Vehicle Data Application Form (pdf)
- AMVIR Form A-001 - Serving Court Documents (pdf)
- AMVIR Form A-002 - Recipient’s Information Form (RIF) (pdf)
Legislation (Queens Printer Website)
- Traffic Safety Act
- Access to Motor Vehicle Information Regulation
- Alberta Transportation Safety Board Appeal Fees Regulation
- Bill of Lading and Conditions of Carriage Regulation
- Commercial Vehicle Safety Regulation
- Commercial Vehicle Certificate and Insurance Regulation
- Commercial Vehicle Dimension and Weight Regulation
- Consequential Amendments and Transitional Matters Regulation
- Demerit Point Program and Service of Documents Regulation
- Driver Training and Driver Examination Regulation
- Drivers' Hours of Service Regulation
- Fish Creek Provincial Park Parking and Stopping Regulation
- Identification Card Regulation
- Off-Highway Vehicle Regulation
- Operator Licensing and Vehicle Control Regulation
- Service Restriction Regulation
- Traffic Control Device Regulation
- Use of Highway and Rules of the Road Regulation
- Vehicle Inspection Regulation
- Vehicle Seizure and Removal Regulation
Links to Other Related WebsitesRegistrar of Imported Vehicles (external site)
Transport Canada has contracted with Livingston International to establish and operate the national program of vehicle inspection, certification and registration, known as the Registrar of Imported Vehicles.
Alberta Assigned Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) Program (external site)
Find out how to apply for an Assigned Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). The Program is administered by the Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC) on behalf of Alberta Transportation.
Provides driver education, licensing standards, and safety programs and manages driver records and problem drivers.
Alberta Motor Vehicle Industry Council (external site)
The Alberta Motor Vehicle Industry Council (AMVIC) administers and enforces automotive industry regulations under Alberta’s Fair Trading Act, including the Automotive Business Regulation.
American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators (external site)
The American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators (AAMVA) develops model programs in motor vehicle administration, police traffic services and highway safety, provides information and speaks for these disciplines, while encouraging uniformity and reciprocity among the states and provinces.
Canadian Council of Motor Transport Administrators (external site)
The Canadian Council of Motor Transport Administrators (CCMTA) is the official organization in Canada for coordinating all matters dealing with the administration, regulation and control of motor vehicle transportation and highway safety.
Canadian Police Information Centre (external site)
The public can use this site to help keep their neighbourhoods safe by checking and reporting suspicious vehicles.
Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner and AMVIR (external site)
The Access to Motor Vehicle Information Regulation allows any person to request a review by the Information and Privacy Commissioner of the registrar’s decision to grant or deny access to information under the regulation.
International Driving Permit (external site)
The International Driving Permit (IDP) allows motorists to drive vehicles in international traffic without further tests or applications. It is proof that the holder possesses a valid driver's licence issued by a competent authority in their country of residence. The Canadian Automobile Association (CAA) (external site) has been granted sole issuing rights of the International Driving Permit (IDP) by the Canadian federal and provincial governments. Albertans can apply at their local Alberta Motor Association (AMA) (external site) office. For more information see the AMA's IDP web page (external site).
Canadian Council of Insurance Regulators (external site)
The Canadian Council of Insurance Regulators (CCIR) is an inter-jurisdictional association of regulators of insurance. Its mandate is to facilitate and promote an effective regulatory system in Canada to serve the public interest. CCIR works cooperatively with other financial services regulators to enhance consumer protection and to develop and harmonize insurance policy and regulation across jurisdictions.
Alberta Open Data Portal
The portal makes data the provincial government collects on behalf of citizens publicly available in machine readable formats with an open licence