Condominium Property Act
On May 6, 2014, Bill 13, the Condominium Property Amendment Act, 2014 was introduced in the legislature.
The changes set out in this bill are the result of an extensive review focused on modernizing Alberta’s condominium laws and setting a framework that supports responsible self-governance of condominium corporations.
The proposed changes to the Condominium Property Act would:
- improve protection for purchasers;
- improve protection for existing owners;
- enhance board transparency and accountability;
- allow for efficient governance;
- raise standards in Alberta’s condominium management sector; and
- enhance dispute resolution.
The Ministry of Service Alberta requested that stakeholders and all Albertans provide their comments on Bill 13 to ensure Alberta’s Condominium Property Act serves the needs of this province.
Service Alberta is now considering refinements to Bill 13 in response to these comments regarding the intent and text of the amendments.
Click here for additional details on Bill 13.