Condominium Property Amendment Act
On December 10, 2014, the Condominium Property Amendment Act was passed in the legislature.
This new legislation is the result of an extensive review focused on modernizing Alberta’s condominium laws and setting a framework that supports responsible self-governance of condominium corporations.
The proposed changes to the Condominium Property Act would:
- improve protection for purchasers;
- improve protection for existing owners;
- enhance board transparency and accountability;
- allow for efficient governance;
- raise standards in Alberta’s condominium management sector; and
- enhance dispute resolution.
Click here for additional details on the Condominium Property Amendment Act.
Consulting with Albertans
Service Alberta has been committed to ensuring that changes to condominium legislation and regulations reflect the input of Albertans.
Click here for a summary of the consultation process for the Condominium Property Amendment Act.